This is such a wonderful time of year, when there's warmth in the air and in the soil and the garden is just hinting at summer. Keep it looking its best with these top 10 jobs to be getting on with this month.
Top 10 jobs this month:
- Start mowing the lawn setting your blade to a higher setting to begin with, then lowering it as the season goes on.
- Check for nesting birds before clipping hedges
- Regularly hoe off weeds
- Stay alert for pests, especially aphids and lily beetles which start to build up now, and pick them off immediately.
- Open greenhouse vents and doors on warm days
- Collect rainwater and investigate ways to recycle water for irrigation
- Watch out for late frosts. Protect tender plants.
- Lift and divide daffodils as soon as they've finished flowering. Split them into clusters of three or four bulbs and replant.
- Put supports in place for tall perennials.
- Plant out summer bedding at the end of the month (except in cold areas)
Alternatively, if you need help with a one off tidy up or a regular garden maintenance visit contact our Garden Maintenance team direct on tel: 0118 934 1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org