Summer is officially here as we enter June and the extra light and warmth encourages quick growth in the garden. This is great for the plants but means weeds will sprout up from seemingly no where too. Keep on top of them by hoeing regularly in dry conditions. Herbaceous borders are reaching their early summer peak and the kitchen garden is becoming productive.
Top 10 jobs this month
- Hoe borders regularly to keep down weeds (or contact us to ask about our maintenance service)
- Be water-wise. See our tips on Saving Water in the Garden
- Pinch out sideshoots on tomatoes
- Harvest lettuce, radish, other salads and early potatoes
- Position summer hanging baskets and containers outside (keep well watered)
- Cut lawns at least once a week
- Plant out summer bedding
- Stake tall or floppy plants
- Prune many spring-flowering shrubs
- Shade greenhouses to keep them cool and prevent scorch
Contact our Maintenance and Landscaping division direct with all your planting and landscaping requirements from one off garden tidies or regular maintenance to screening and filling ugly gaps or completely transforming your garden with a new design and build.
Tel: 0118 934 1500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org