There are approximately 320,000 species of plants in the world and they are the basis of the earth’s ecosystem. They are quiet and undemanding; many of us take them for granted.
Recent dramatic changes around the world have meant we have to stay at home and life as we know it has been paused. Some of us are very fortunate to have a garden and whilst many of us already cherish our plants, this time spent at home will hopefully have reignited a passion for plants and everything they offer us.
Now is the time to take notice of every tree bursting with blossom, every plant with a busy bee buzzing around it and enjoy the quiet, unassuming beauty that has always been all around us.
It is the perfect time to make plans for your garden and we hope to excite and inspire you with these planting ideas.
What do we use plants for?
- To create shelter, offer privacy or screen out unwanted views, define boundaries and divide the space within <click here>
- To attract wildlife and pollinators <click here>
- To add colour and interest <click here>
- To transform a garden <click here>
- To create a themed garden e.g. tropical, Mediterranean, English cottage, urban
- To ensure winter colour and structure <click here>
- To create a focal point or height, drama and atmosphere <click here>