Capture the coastal elegance of a traditional U.S Hamptons Style home with lush tropical planting mixed with more formal white and blue Hydrangeas.
Think stripey soft furnishings in blues and greys, painted white wooden fences, weatherboard cladding and manicured lawns. Here is your perfect soundtrack to this look <click here>
Plants to create this look (Hydrangeas are key!):
- Cornus kousa ‘Milky Way’
- Ensete ventricosum ‘Maurelii’
- Magnolia grandiflora ‘Goliath’
- Mexican Salvias
- Musa basjoo
- Hydrangea arborescens ‘Strong Annabelle’
- Hydrangea paniculata ‘Little Lime’
- Hydrangea paniculata ‘Limelight’
- Hydrangea paniculata ‘Polar Bear’
- Hydrangea macrophylla in blue
- Hydrangea ‘Runaway Bride’
The Hamptons captures timeless elegance, it’s preppy. Think Ralph Lauren, a day at the polo and Hydrangeas as far as the eye can see. If you want to experience this style without the plane journey across the Atlantic then head to Bicester Village in Oxfordshire for “East Coast” inspiration.